September 7th, 2010
We’re super proud to announce that DesignChat has become an official media sponsor of Cusp Conference. Yes, we agree – this is amazing. Cause to celebrate, even. How are we going to celebrate this momentous occasion, you ask?
We’re sending one of our fans to CUSP!
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?! It means that you have a chance (if you live near Chicago, and are free on September 22nd and 23rd) to attend this two-day fantastmagorical design-gasm. After attending last year I was raving about this experience for months using every over-the-top expression I could think of. Here’s how they describe it:
Cusp is a conference about ‘the design of everything’, bringing together thinkers, innovators, performers, skeptics, believers, visionaries and explorers from the arts, sciences, technology, business and design. Cusp Conference is for anyone who believes that the best way to predict the future is to design it.
WHO WILL I SEE?
19 presenters who are all amazing people who have accomplished spectacular feats. Creator of TED, Richard Saul Wurman tops off a list of inspirational speakers who will fill you with enough energy to take on the entire universe.
• Graphic designer / AdamsMorioka Designer
• Design Futurist / member Fast Company 100 Most Creative People in Business
• Multimedia designer / founder of Moment Factory
• Designer / SPARC Lab at Mayo Clinic Rap troubadour
• Rap troubadour
• Cartoonist / comics in the classroom advocate
• Architect / FieldingNair / school design leader
• Product designer / Smart Design, member of the Biomimicry Guild
• Architect / sustainable design leader
• Graphic designer / AdamsMorioka
Dr Jay Parkinson
• Doctor / designer
• Education innovator / co-founder / STARTL
Amy Krouse Rosenthal
• Author / filmmaker
• Sound designer
• Social entrepreneur / founder of Foothills Direct / winner of The Purpose Prize
Richard Saul Wurman
• Author / designer / founder of TED Conferences
And more to come!
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO WIN THIS GOLDEN TICKET?!
Between September 8th and 15th, tweet @designchat using the hashtags #WIN and #Cusp10. One winner will be chosen at random, and the winner will be announced live on the show, Wednesday, September 15th. We will then contact the winner, confirm their location and availability, and their ticket will be waiting at the check-in desk at the MCA on September 22nd. HOW COOL IS THAT?
We know you’re as excited as we are to go to Cusp, so wet your appetite with one of my favorite speakers from last year, cartoonist Linda Barry.
Download Video | YouTube MP3 Converter | Replay Media Catcher